I bought this new loaf tin on Thursday and was eager to try it out. I wanted to try some bread recipe but I'm more of a cake eater than a bread eater! So, I finally decided to try out a coffee cake that actually had coffee in it. I almost never drink coffee but I don’t mind it in cakes and frostings.
I made this loaf cake on Friday and still have a few slices left over. It actually tastes better the next day when kept in an airtight box. I’ve put very little oil in the dough and though a bit dry, it was nice and light. I prefer making lighter cakes sometimes as I usually find myself just grabbing a slice at anytime of the day (bad habit I know!). So, I don’t feel so much guilt afterward.
What I really like about these vegan cakes is that they are really quick to make. In less than 15 minutes the dough was ready to be poured into the tin.While I was baking on that Friday, BoyfriendLovlie paid me a little surprise visit with 2 red roses. He probably sensed in the distance that I was baking! Well, he got to taste the first slice and really liked it!
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
5-6 almonds, chopped (optional)
200 ml coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
50 ml vegetable oil
2 heaped tablespoons ground coffee (or strong instant coffee)
100 ml hot water
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brew the coffee with the hot water. Set aside. Allow to cool.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- When the coffee is cooled, mix with the coconut milk in a jug or another bowl. Add the oil.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, stirring gently.
- Mix well but do not beat.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until a bamboo skewer or toothpick comes out clean on testing.
- Allow to cool before turning over.
Endnote: Thanks to BrOwNfLaVa for tagging me the other day.
The rule is that you have to copy the entire list and add your name below the person who tagged you. Then tag at least 5 people and visit their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
So, here’s the list:
Kaptyurb by Howell
Heart of Rachel
AntipatikaMiss Pink Biik
Pinay Jade Life with Moi
Pinay Jade- Exploring Asia
Vegan Lovlie Cooking
Now I’m tagging:*Note: not all of the blogs listed here are vegan.