My first recipe from
So, here we go.
Tofu and Cabbage in Tomato Sauce
Ingredients (2 servings)
½ small red cabbage (I know small is not really a good indication here, so just use how much you feel would be right in comparison with the rest of the ingredients)
250 g tofu
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce (for marinade)
1 jar (400 – 500 g) tomato based pasta sauce (of your choice, I used onion and garlic)
1 large fresh mushroom (or as many as you like!)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
Dried basic or thyme (optional)
Handful of fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- Cut tofu into small cubes. Marinade in some soy sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a deep fry pan or wok.
- Add in tofu (drain excess soy sauce before) and fry until golden and slightly crispy.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cut the cabbage into large squares (2 – 3 cm). Separate the layers.
- Slice the fresh mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining oil (on medium heat) in the pan/wok.
- Add cabbage. Stir and sautee.
- Allow to cook for 7 – 8 minutes until slightly tender. (Be careful not to allow it to become too soft at this stage).
- Add in the mushrooms. Sautee for a few more minutes.
- Add pre-fried tofu.
- Pour the pasta sauce and allow to simmer for 8 – 10 minutes. Add water if required.
- Add spinach leaves and simmer for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle your favourite dried herbs. I used dried basil.
- Serve with boiled pasta or spaghetti. (Boil pasta according to packet instructions).